Monday 22 October 2012

Fried potatoes, with pork and pineapples

In this, yes, you cook the pork with the pineapples. I love my pork with the fatty bits so I never discard them, again, this is optional. If you chose to use cooking oil, you'll want to go easy especially on this. Personally, I rarely use cooking oil when cooking any type of meat, I let them cook in their own fat, and you'll be surprised at how oily they appear sometimes.
When cooking pork, it is best to cook the fatty parts first to ensure they cook through and then add the rest of the meat later. When the water is about to dry up (note that this is water from the pork itself) is when I always choose to add my seasonings, these will include fresh ginger, garlic, rosemary, black pepper (I love spicy food, my mum says I should tone down my love for spices hehe). In this, I put the pineapples and onions together with the seasonings and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes and then added the green pepper just before I removed them from the fire.

As for the potatoes, I fried them just like you would with fries.



No comments:

Post a Comment