Wednesday 17 October 2012

Carrot and pineapple salad

A few weeks back, I attended a wedding that had this salad served to the guests but I never got to taste it as I got there late and my cousin couldn't stop telling me how sweet it was. I decided to prepare it just to see what I missed.
Just as it's name suggests, the ingredients used are grated carrots and diced pineapples. For a little twist I decided to add some raisins. You can use the canned pineapples from the supermarket. Alternatively, you can buy your pineapples from the market.
Next time I prepare this, I'll be sure to keep the pineapples as far away as possible until I need to use them as I ended up eating half of them in the first five minutes.
Mix the grated carrots and the diced pineapples in a bowl, sprinkle some raisins on top (this is optional) and let them sit for a while to enhance the flavors.It is always best to cover salads as they sit. You can use a cling film for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment