Monday 29 October 2012

French fries, fried eggs with colslaw salad

This is not what I had planned to have for Sunday lunch. My idea was to make coleslaw salad with apples and sultanas but as you can see the coleslaw salad here is just the  kawaida one. My mama always taught me to buy ingredients a day earlier if you already have plans to prepare something but I kept postponing since Friday. So I get to the market on Sunday and I find enough mud to swim through, conveniently cutting me off from the other half of the market where the apples are sold from. I had three options, to either swim through the mud, take a different (longer) route to the other side of the market or do away with the apples. The 'one minute prima donna in me' settled for the latter. But don't be disappointed dolls, we shall do coleslaw salad with apples soon. Since I really really wanted to have the salad I decided to have fries.

I love my fries a little crunchy but as you can see from the picture, they are a little brown as a result of running from the TV screen to the kitchen and back (don't try this at home).
Coleslaw salad is the creamy looking salad that you might have had in your favorite restaurant served with fries. This includes shredded cabbage, grated carrots with mayonnaise (I'm currently addicted to this salad). The mayonnaise used in this is Homemade Mayonnaise (recipe for this will be put up in a few days)

As I said earlier I loooove eggs (yes, even my ka local supermarket made a note of that, they should honestly give me a 'customer award' for that). When making mayonnaise, we only use the egg yolk and NOT the white part, so the eggs here were cooked from the egg white and spruced up   a little as seen in our previous recipe on fried eggs with veggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment