Tuesday 8 October 2013

Chips Masala (Fries)

I don't know about you guys, but the first time I saw Chips Masala, I thought this was a sky rocket kind of recipe but you can breathe easy, it's as easy as it gets. Being a lover of spicy food myself, I do find myself eating this a couple of times and the fact that it's so easy to cook almost makes it a staple food in my house. Okay, what you need for this are cooked fries (you can choose to buy or make your own), crushed tomatoes, tomato paste ( I add this for colour but you can use tomato ketchup as an alternative), sliced onions, crushed garlic, chilii powder, and chopped coriander leaves.
Start by frying the sliced onions in a frying until they slightly brown, add the crushed garlic, crushed ginger and stir for a while. Next, add the crushed tomatoes and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Once, the tomatoes are cooked, this is where I add the tomato paste, coriander  and chilli. Stir and add the cooked fries. Stir thoroughly but carefully to avoid breaking the fries and  turn off the heat. Let the contents sit for like ten or so minutes so that the paste and spices can set in. Serve hot and eat like the world is coming to and end.







No comments:

Post a Comment